The Kankakee-Iroquois Help Information Network (Kan-I Help) is a community information system designed to connect residents of Kankakee and Iroquois Counties with government agencies, human services, and other non-profit organizations. Kan-I Help is an initiative of the Pledge for Life Partnership.
Previously, the Kan-I Help Network provided information regarding community resources through the printed Kan-I Help Human Services Directory. Special editions were published to meet unique information needs and a Family Caregiver directory was available for those caring for elderly family members and for grandparents raising grandchildren.
In addition to Kan-I Help, the Pledge for Life Partnership sponsors several other initiatives to improve the quality of life in the Kankakee and Iroquois regions by making it a safer and healthier place to live and work.
These initiatives have grown out of the Partnerships original undertaking in 1989 to raise funds to purchase and operate a mobile Life Education Center.
Currently, two mobile classrooms travel to nearly 50 public and private schools in Kankakee and Iroquois Counties delivering substance abuse prevention curriculums to teach students the skills they need to choose healthy lifestyles, support social and emotional development and avoid the dangers caused by abusing alcohol and other dangerous substances.
Throughout Kankakee and Iroquois Counties, the Pledge for Life Partnership is recognized as a valuable community partner because of its history of 30 years of working towards a safer and healthier community.
The Pledge for Life Partnership has many partners who provide support to the Kan-I Help Network in a variety of unique ways. Individuals and organizations involved with the Pledge for Life Partnership in the development of the Kan-I Help Network have included:
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Joliet Iroquois Public Health Department
- Iroquois County Public Health Department
- Illinois Department of Employment Security
- Illinois Department of Human Services
- Iroquois-Kankakee Regional Office of Education
- Junior League of Kankakee County
- Kankakee County Head Start
- Kankakee County Health Department
- Kankakee County Juvenile Justice Commission
- Martina Rippon
- Northeastern Illinois Area Agency on Aging
- Options Center for Independent Living
- Project Success
- AMITA St. Mary's Hospital
- Riverside HealthCare
- Teen REACH
- Twenty-first Judicial Circuit Family Violence Coordinating Council
- United Way of Kankakee County